Seattle Genetics Highlights Novel Antibody-Drug Conjugate Technologies and Immuno-Oncology Program Advances at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting
- Category: Antibodies
- Published on Sunday, 15 April 2018 13:34
- Hits: 752
BOTHELL, WA, USA I April 12, 2018 I Seattle Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: SGEN) today announced data highlights from nine presentations showcasing the company’s innovative, proprietary antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) platform technologies as well as its emerging immuno-oncology pipeline. Data include preclinical and clinical advances with ADCETRIS® (brentuximab vedotin), ladiratuzumab vedotin, SGN-CD48A and SGN-2FF. Additionally, Seattle Genetics will present the first preclinical data describing the novel empowered antibody SEA-BCMA. These data will be presented at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting 2018 being held April 14-18, 2018 in Chicago.
“We are an emerging multi-product company, advancing a substantial pipeline of targeted therapies for patients with solid tumors and blood cancers,” said Dennis Benjamin, Ph.D., Senior Vice President of Research at Seattle Genetics. “New data featured in nine presentations underscore our commitment to scientific innovation and the needs of patients. These data presentations highlight the potential combination of ADCs with checkpoint inhibitors, novel ADC payloads, antibody masking technologies and progress with our immuno-oncology program, SGN-2FF. We are also presenting preclinical data for our new multiple myeloma program, SEA-BCMA, which has a phase 1 study scheduled to start this year.”
Abstracts can be found at www.aacr.org and include the following:
- An oral presentation and poster presentation on Sunday and Monday, April 15 and 16, 2018, respectively (Abstracts #930, 2803), will showcase preclinical data evaluating proprietary NAMPT inhibitors and auristatins as ADC payloads. The data show NAMPT inhibitors have a unique mechanism of action and encouraging therapeutic window. Preclinical data also describe the development of novel auristatin payloads with potential application across multiple tumor types.
- An innovative approach to masking antibodies for tumor specific activation will be featured in a poster presentation on Sunday, April 15, 2018 (Abstract #250). Preclinical data demonstrate that coiled-coil masked antibodies and ADCs show improved tolerability and equivalent antitumor activity compared to unmasked counterparts. The data suggest this technology may be applied to a range of antibodies or ADCs and could enable their development against previously inaccessible cancer targets.
- The novel preclinical program SEA-BCMA will be highlighted in a poster presentation on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 (Abstract #3833). The cell surface protein BCMA is expressed on cells of several cancer types, including multiple myeloma and other B cell malignancies. SEA-BCMA is an antibody empowered using Seattle Genetics’ proprietary Sugar Engineered Antibody (SEA) technology designed to enhance antibody effector functions. The preclinical data support initiation of a phase 1 trial for multiple myeloma, which is planned for 2018.
- Clinical biomarker data from a phase 1 trial evaluating the novel immuno-oncology agent SGN-2FF in patients with advanced solid tumors will be shown in a poster presentation on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 (Abstract #5551). The preliminary data demonstrate the biological effects of SGN-2FF and support further development of this novel immuno-oncology agent.
- Three poster presentations on Monday and Wednesday, April 16 and 18, 2018 (Abstracts #1789, 2742, and 5619) will highlight preclinical data evaluating the ability of ADCETRIS, ladiratuzumab vedotin and SGN-CD48A, each of which are auristatin-based ADCs, to elicit additional mechanisms of action, including immunogenic cell death. These data support clinical evaluation in combination with checkpoint inhibitors. ADCETRIS and ladiratuzumab vedotin are being evaluated in combination with checkpoint inhibitors in multiple ongoing clinical trials.
About Seattle Genetics
Seattle Genetics is an innovative biotechnology company dedicated to improving the lives of people with cancer through targeted therapies. The company’s industry-leading antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology harnesses the targeting ability of antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seattle Genetics commercializes ADCETRIS® (brentuximab vedotin) for the treatment of several types of CD30-expressing lymphomas. The company is also advancing a robust pipeline of novel therapies for solid tumors and blood-related cancers designed to address significant unmet medical needs and improve treatment outcomes for patients. More information can be found at www.seattlegenetics.com and follow @SeattleGenetics on Twitter.
SOURCE: Seattle Genetics