Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals Presents ARC-520 Clinical Data at The International Liver Congress™
- Category: DNA RNA and Cells
- Published on Thursday, 12 April 2018 09:36
- Hits: 738
PASADENA, CA, USA I April 11, 2018 I Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: ARWR) today announced the presentation of clinical data on ARC-520, the company’s prior generation investigational medicine for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B infection, at The International Liver Congress™ 2018 (ILC), the annual meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL). An ePoster with these data is now available at ILC and on the company’s website.
The poster presentation includes follow-up data for patients enrolled in the Heparc-2001 multi-dose extension study. In the study, 8 chronic hepatitis patients (5 HBeAg-negative, 3 HBeAg-positive) received up to 9 doses of 4 mg/kg ARC-520 once every 4 weeks with daily entecavir (ETV). Viral DNA, RNA, and antigen knockdown were measured at regular intervals. Patients continued their daily ETV and were monitored for an additional 12 months following the last ARC-520 dose.
Key results include the following:
- One HBeAg-negative patient serocleared HBsAg post ARC-520
- Mild ALT changes off ARC-520 therapy coincided with sustained host responses in 2/3 HBeAg-positive and 2/5 HBeAg-negative patients
- A single dose of ARC-520 in combination with ETV reduced HBsAg for up to 44 weeks
- Multiple doses of ARC-520 resulted in additional HBsAg reductions in all patients by as much 5.3 Log10
- ARC-520 in combination with ETV was effective at rapidly suppressing HBV DNA
Poster Presentation Details:
RNA interference therapy with ARC-520 Injection results in long term off-therapy antigen reductions in treatment naïve, HBeAg positive and negative patients with chronic HBV
- Presentation Reference: FRI-362
- Session: Viral hepatitis B/D: Therapy
- Session Date and Time: April 13, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CET
- Authors: Man-Fung Yuen, et al.
Additional details, including the presentation abstract, can be found on the ILC website at https://ilc-congress.eu/. A copy of presentation materials can be accessed by visiting the Events section of the Arrowhead website.
About Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals
Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals develops medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, Arrowhead therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep, and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specific gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Arrowhead’s RNAi-based therapeutics leverage this natural pathway of gene silencing.
SOURCE: Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals